EMBS organizes extensive student programs in the major conferences, and the EMBS Student members are cordially invited to participate in these educational and networking events. Student members are offered registration at reduced rates for EMBS conferences!
A.1) EMBC: Annual International Conference
Each year EMBS sponsors the Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. This conference features diverse topics in the field of biomedical engineering, includes many students and young professional activities annually, and is also host to the EMBS Student Paper Competition. For more information on EMBC, visit http://embc.embs.org/. Student activities usually held at EMBC:
- Lunch with Leaders.
- Student Paper Competition.
- Meet the Editors.
- WIE Luncheon and Mini-symposium.
- Students and Young Professionals Reception.
A.2) International Student Conference Series
EMBS also sponsors International Student Conferences – organized by the students, for the students! Upcoming International Student Conferences:
- ISC’17: October 12-13, Cairo, Egypt
- PGBiomed 2017 at the University of Manchester, United Kingdom.
- ISC 2016: May 29-31 at Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada.
- PGBiomed 2015 at the University of Liverpool, United Kingdom.
- ISC 2014 at Putra University, Malaysia.
- ISC 2013 at Cairo University, Egypt.
A.3) Other Conferences:
Special Topic Conferences: We also sponsor and technically co-sponsor special topic conferences. To find out more click here: EMBS-sponsored conferences. Check, these conferences on the EMBS conference calendar.
B) Summer Schools
EMBS also organizes and hosts Summer Schools on a range of topics. For listings and more information, click here. Upcoming Summer Schools:
- Practical Computer Modeling for Medical Device Design, June 11-17, 2017, Charleston, SC, USA.
- 3rd IEEE EMBS International Summer School on Neural Engineering, Aug 13-18, 2017, Shanghai, China.
- 13th IEEE EMBS International Summer School on Biomedical Imaging, June 15- 23, Saint Jacut de la Mer, Emerald Coast, France.
C) Distinguished Lecturer Program
D) EMBS Local Paper Competitions
In order to encourage students to participate in our various conferences, the EMBS is providing support for local paper competitions. Support to local chapters, branch chapters or clubs is in the form of matching funds with potential support for local paper competition winners to attend the annual EMBC. Please visit the Local Paper Competitions on the main EMBS website.
E) EMBS MOOC “So You Want to Become a Biomedical Engineer?”
F) EMBS Mentorship Program:
Are you looking for a mentoring support in biomedical engineering?
Open to all EMBS members, the mentor program provides students and others interested in the biomedical engineering profession with access to experienced mentors who can provide valuable career guidance and advice, and contribute to your professional and personal development. Use the program to develop business contacts, obtain access to industry information and activities, and gain valuable insights from experienced and successful professionals. The program also provides experienced biomedical engineering professionals with the opportunity to serve as mentors – to share their knowledge and inspire, encourage, and support future biomedical engineers. Visit EMBS Mentor Connection for more details. Or sign directly on http://embs.chronus.com/